We are a non-profit, voluntary, incorporated organization.
To foster close relations between the Southbury Public Library and the community and to encourage the full use of the library. We provide supplementary programs, services, and equipment in order to increase effectiveness and scope of the Southbury Public Library
We meet the third Wednesday of every month from 9:30AM – 11:30AM in the conference room on the first floor of the Southbury Public Library
What We Do
- The Friends purchase museum passes for patron use.
- The Friends fund children, teen, and adult programs.
- The Friends provide coffee for a nominal fee. A self-service dispenser is under the stairs as you enter the library.
- The Friends host an annual book sale in April. The Friends accepts your donations of gently used books, videos, CDs, etc.
- The Friends support the Library Music Series.
- The Friends give a $1000 scholarship to a graduating senior from Southbury each May.
- The Friends offer umbrella bags for rainy days.
- The Friends purchased a flat screen television for the library.
If you would like to attend a meeting, call President
Jeffrey O’Sullivan at 203-262-8134
For information on our annual book sale please contact
Christine Tolley at: 203-262-6855
We can also be reached by e-mail at:email@example.com
If you would like to join the Friends of the Southbury Public Library click here to download an application.