We offer curbside service by appointment. We strongly encourage those who are uncomfortable entering the building and those who are unable to properly wear face coverings to take advantage of this alternate service or to call us to give a friend or family member permission to pick up books for you.
Scheduling an Appointment:
- Request materials ahead of time either online with your library card account, by calling the Reference Desk at 203-262-0626 ext. 130, or emailing email@example.com.
- Once you've been notified that your materials are ready for pick up, call the Reference Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your appointment.
- Then, wait for a reply to confirm your appointment time; until you get a reply, your appointment is not booked.
During Your Appointment:
- Have your Photo ID or library card with you.
- When you arrive, call the Reference Desk at 203-262-0626 ext. 130 to let us know you are here and how to find your vehicle.
- Remain in your car with your front windows rolled up. Show the staff member your library card or ID through the window and pop your trunk.
- If you have any items to return, you can place them in the outside drop after your pickup appointment is completed.
Please review the following information prior to your appointment:
- You can request materials online or over the phone. If you do not know exactly what materials you would like, the Reference Librarians are happy to pick out items for you.
- If you are having someone pick up your materials for you either via curbside service or at the front desk, call us ahead of time so we know who to expect. If someone else is picking up your materials, they need to have your permission and either your library card, their library card, or their ID to do so.
- Call the reference desk at 203-262-0626 ext. 130 when you arrive to let us know the make, model, and color of your car and where you are parked.
- Please try to arrive as close to your pickup time as possible, or give us a call to let us know if you are running late or need to reschedule.
- Please return all materials to the outside book return.