Updates on Self-Service Print/Copy/Scan
Due to social distancing guidelines, our print/copy/scan services are limited. Please read on to learn more.
- If you have more than 15 pages to copy or scan*, or if you feel that you cannot finish within 15 minutes, call the Reference Desk at 203-262-0626 ext 130 for alternative solutions.
- *The page limit is not enforced for printing.
- It is strongly recommended that patrons familiarize themselves with the How-To guides before getting in line. See below for PDFs of our How-To guides.
- If your print/copy job costs $5.00 or more or if you need change, ask the reference librarian for assistance.
- If someone is at the scanner, the copier and printer are unavailable due to social distancing guidelines.
- The fax machine is not available at this time. Please call the Reference Desk at 203-262-0626 ext 130 for alternative solutions.
Printable How-To Guides
You can print from one of our public computers or from your own device. To print from your own device, visit our Mobile Printing Page.
$0.10 per page for black and white
$0.25 per page for color
Cash or check only.
We have two copy machines available for public use, one on the first floor near the reference desk and one upstairs in the children’s department. Both copiers feature:
- Black and white or color options
- Letter or legal size paper output
- Single or double sided options
- Original size, or enlarged or reduced size
- A document feeder and document bed
$0.10 per side for black and white ($0.10 for single sided, $0.20 for double sided)
$0.25 per side for color ($0.25 for single sided, $0.50 for double sided).
Cash or check only.
This is a free service for the public. Patrons can save scanned documents to USB, Email, Google Drive, and Smartphone.
Our scanner is free to use, and can save your documents as PDF, PNG, or JPG file types in black and white, grayscale, and color. You can send your documents to a USB drive, your Google Drive, your smart phone, or send them in an email. The scanner features a document feeder for up to 50 pages at a time and a document bed that can scan up to 25.4 x 16.9 inch images up to 600 DPI resolution.
The self-service public fax machine is a pay service for out-going faxes only. The library cannot receive faxes for patrons. The machine is located near the first floor public copiers.
Patrons may use a credit or debit card. The fax machine service takes VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Domestic Charges are $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page.
Your card will be charged when your fax has been successfully transmitted.
The fax machine does not print a confirmation. You should go to the website and enter in the credit or debit card number and the fax phone number.