Youth Button Art Contest for Children and Teens
Calling all local young artists, doodlers, and visual creators! We want YOUR help making buttons for patrons of all ages to take this fall at the Southbury Public Library. Patrons and staff aren’t going to have as much time together in person at the library as much as we all want to, so we’re looking for ways to be together even when we’re apart.
Children and teens from toddlers up to Grade 12 are eligible to submit, with a maximum of 5 entries per person. You don't have to be a Southbury resident to enter, but should ideally have some familiarity or relationship with the Southbury Public Library. Winning entries will be used as artwork for 1.5" pinback buttons for interested library patrons of all ages to take.
- Must be the original work of the person entering
- Can be done by hand, digitally, or any other two dimensional medium
- Can be in color or black and white; color designs should also look good in black and white
- For color designs, the colors used need to be easily reproducible online and on paper.
- Keep scale in mind, as copies of the art will be printed out at 1.5 inches and should still be clear when reduced to that size.
- Content must be family friendly.
- The artwork should fit the themes of or be in any way related to any of the following topics:
- Southbury Public Library
- Due by Saturday, November 28, 2020 at 4:00pm
- Must be accompanied by a submission form (whether print or digital) that includes a 1-3 sentence description of the art in case artwork and form become separated
- Maximum of 5 submissions per person
Hard Copy Submissions:
- Each hard copy entry must include a completed entry form attached with a paperclip and must be signed on the reverse side in case entry and entry form become separated.
- Submit artwork along with submission form to the submissions box inside the library during open hours. Check library open hours here as they may change as the current COVID-19 situation changes; updates to our COVID related changes can be found here.
- No larger than 8.5x11 inches and should be able to be digitally scanned; must be two dimensional.
- A printable Submission Form can be found below, or a copy can be picked up in person at the library.
- Fill out the digital submission form here, making sure to include a 1-3 sentence description of the artwork.
- Artwork must be in a jpg or png (png preferred), 450x450 pixels, with a maximum size of 5MB.
Rights and Legal Disclaimer:
- Your entry to the contest constitutes a grant from you to the Southbury Public Library of a free perpetual non-exclusive license authorizing your design to be displayed by the Southbury Public Library or town of Southbury, to be used on the Southbury Public Library & Town websites, and to be used in Southbury Public Library advertisements and other promotional material. The Southbury Public Library reserves the right to make minor modifications to art, text, and context. The Southbury Public Library is not responsible for damage to or theft of artwork.